Orthopedic Injury Lawyers in Grand Junction
“Orthopedic injuries” are just broken bones and muscle or joint trauma. But these injuries are painful and rob you of your ability to function in life and at work, temporarily or not. Extensive medical care is often required to fix these injuries, including surgeries with a long convalescence.
If you or a loved one was harmed by the negligence of someone else, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. The first step is to speak with a skilled Grand Junction personal injury attorney.
The insurance company you’re up against will attempt to reduce the value of your claim, to try to pay out as little as possible – which is where Peters & Nolan, LLC, comes in. For over 20 years, we have been helping clients throughout Grand Junction and the greater Western Slope recover the compensation they deserve.
The adult human body is composed of roughly 206 bones and many joints, all of which can be subject to injury.
- Fractures: These can range from a simple fracture (typically requiring only immobilization in a cast or other system) to a comminuted fracture where the bone is broken into three or more pieces, requiring intensive surgery to set. Broken bones can be extremely painful and always require immediate medical assistance. Delaying medical action can interfere with healing and long-term use of the limb.
- Dislocation: When a joint is forcibly moved out of position, the surrounding area often becomes swollen and painful, and the bone may be visibly out of place. This can limit movement of the affected joint and cause severe pain. Dislocations are common in the shoulders, hips, ankles, elbows, and jaw. Dislocated joints then tend to dislocate more easily in the future, and can create long-term impairment and the need for ongoing medical care.
- Sprain or strain: A sprain occurs when the ligaments surrounding a joint are torn or stretched; a strain is the same thing with the muscles or tendons. This may be accompanied by a “popping” sound and can emulate a fracture. This type of injury can immobilize joints and cause muscle spasms.
- Rotator cuff injury: The rotator cuff is the combined joints and tendons surrounding your shoulder. Damage to the rotator cuff can require extensive medical treatment, including injections, anti-inflammatory medication, and surgery.
- Knee injury: The knee is susceptible to any case of sudden twisting or impact. Knee injuries can be debilitating and reduce the victim’s quality of life, often requiring several surgeries to repair.
- Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI): Repetitive stress injuries are those caused by performing the same motion repeatedly, thereby straining and injuring a part of the body. A typical example of this is carpal tunnel syndrome, where the nerves in the wrist become compressed due to constant typing or other repetitive hand motions.
Your bones and joints can be wrenched out of place in several different ways, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
At Peters & Nolan, LLC, we understand the challenges these injuries bring to a whole family - and the importance of recovering adequate compensation from the at-fault party. Victims often suffer mental and physical anguish, lost wages, or diminished earning capacity. We bring our expertise and experience to bear on insurance companies who want to pay you as little as possible.
We are a low-volume firm, and only take cases that we can devote our time and attention to. We take the process through to completion, whether the case is settled out of court or goes to trial. Our goal is to recover the maximum possible compensation for the people we represent, and we go the distance for them.
Call Peters & Nolan, LLC, at (970) 243-4357 now. If we take on your case, you will pay nothing until we achieve a satisfactory settlement or a jury verdict for your injuries and other losses.
- Fracture | MedlinePlus
- Fractures (Broken Bones) - OrthoInfo - AAOS
- Overview of Fractures - Merck Manual
Peters & Nolan, LLC is your ideal source for high quality legal representation throughout the state of Colorado. Known for being personable and responsive, attorneys Andrew J. Peters and Andrew Nolan are aggressive trial lawyers with an excellent record of trying and settling cases in criminal defense, DUI/DWAI and personal injury.
- November 15, 2020
The Dangers of a Miss and Run
- November 5, 2020
Drug Classification: Everything You Need to Know
- October 24, 2020
When a Manufacturer Is Liable for Your Car Accident