Grand Junction Burn Injury Attorneys
Burns are some of the most challenging injuries to treat, and can leave a victim with long-term physical and emotional trauma. Burns can lead to expensive medical bills, lost wages, and great personal suffering. If your burn injury is the result of someone else’s negligence, your can file a personal injury claim against the negligent party.
At Peters & Nolan, LLC, we provide personalized legal counsel to guide you through the entire process. We are a “low-volume” firm, and we handle only a select number of lawsuits so that we can devote our full attention to you and your case. We take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. You only owe us when we are successful in recovering a settlement or jury award for you.
Insurance adjusters and the negligent party will work to minimize your claim and make the process of recovering compensation tedious and difficult. Their goal is to reduce the amount you can recover in damages. When a burn victim attempts to recover compensation without legal representation, he or she is more likely to accept a lower offer to settle. It is vital that you retain a personal injury attorney if you have suffered severe burns due to an act of negligence.
Burns are classified in terms of severity:
- First-degree burns: These burns only affect the outer layer of skin and do not generally have long-term effects. An example of this is sunburn. These burns typically heal without any serious medical treatment beyond what can be done at home.
- Second-degree burns: These burns affect the top two layers of skin and include visible damage such as deep reddening of the skin, blisters, glossy appearance from leaking fluid, and the possible loss of skin. Medical treatment is often required to ensure proper healing and to avoid infection.
- Third-degree burns: These burns penetrate the entirety of the skin and destroy the tissue. Third-degree burns require immediate medical attention and can lead to long-term physical problems.
Moderate or severe burns may be caused by:
- Electrical accidents
- Structure fires
- Gas explosions
- Vehicle collisions or fires
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Hot or scalding objects in the workplace
If you are burned because of the negligence of another party, it is your right to seek compensation for your damages – both physical and mental. The compensation that may be recovered includes:
- Lost wages (both present and future)
- Lost earning capacity
- Medical bills (both present and future)
- Household expenses
- Personal pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Lost companionship or consortium (filed by your spouse or partner)
In the case of a burn, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury. If your claim is against the State of Colorado, Mesa County, or the City of Grand Junction, you have 180 days from the date of injury to file your claim.
Andrew J. Peters and Andrew J. Nolan each have 20 years of experience representing people who have suffered personal injury. We understand the mental and physical trauma of burns and how they impact the lives of victims. Our goal is to help people make it through and put their lives back together. Many clients come to us after attempting to deal with the insurance companies directly.
We manage every case as if it will go to trial, and craft our cases with meticulous attention to detail. We service clients throughout the Western Slope - Delta, Montrose, Eagle, Meeker, Rangely, Glenwood, Rifle, Gunnison, Craig, and Nucla, Colorado.
Call Peters & Nolan, LLC, to schedule a free consultation. If we take on your case, you can be confident that it will be in the hands of professionals who will relentlessly pursue the maximum payout. Call (970) 243-4357 now.
Peters & Nolan, LLC is your ideal source for high quality legal representation throughout the state of Colorado. Known for being personable and responsive, attorneys Andrew J. Peters and Andrew Nolan are aggressive trial lawyers with an excellent record of trying and settling cases in criminal defense, DUI/DWAI and personal injury.
- October 16, 2019
When a Dispute Gets Ugly: Facing a Domestic Violence Accusation
- September 30, 2019
Does Marijuana Lead to More Crashes?
- September 25, 2019
Taking Mushrooms from Denver to Grand Junction