DMV Forms to Reinstate your Driver's License in Colorado
Below, please find a list of forms that you will need to fill out and mail to the Colorado Department of Revenue in order to reinstate your driver's license if your driver's license has been revoked for an alcohol offense. Please keep in mind that each case may require different forms and not all the forms that are listed below. We advise you to contact the Department of Revenue's Driver Services Division at (303) 205-5613 to confirm the specific requirements for reinstating your driving privilege.
- First Excess BAC 0.08 Driving Offense On or After 1/1/2014
- Repeat Offenders and Refusal of Chemical Testing for Any Suspected Substance on or After 1/1/2014
- Application for Reinstatement Form DR2870
- Alcohol Certification Form DR2598
- Affidavit of Enrollment Form DR2643
- Ignition Interlock Affidavit Form DR2058
In addition to the forms listed above you will also need to provide the DMV with SR-22 (which you can get from your insurance provider) and a signed copy of each interlock agreement and of each installation certificate.
It takes the Colorado Department of Revenue approximately three weeks to process all reinstatement paperwork. So be sure that you mail all required documents at least three weeks before your reinstatement date to limit the time you will have to go without a driver's license.
Other links you may find useful regarding reinstatement:
- Colorado Department of Revenue Website
- No DUI Colorado
- Interlock Restricted License
- SR-22 and Insurance Information
If you or someone you know has been charged with a DUI or DWAI, we can help, call us today for a free consultation.
Peters & Nolan, LLC is your ideal source for high quality legal representation throughout the state of Colorado. Known for being personable and responsive, attorneys Andrew J. Peters and Andrew Nolan are aggressive trial lawyers with an excellent record of trying and settling cases in criminal defense, DUI/DWAI and personal injury.