DUI Victim Attorneys in Grand Junction
A little alcohol can lead to catastrophic or fatal injuries on the road. If a drunk driver injured you or a loved one, it can be challenging to know where to turn for help. Criminal penalties may punish the driver, but they don’t put your life back together. You need a personal injury lawyer to protect you and help you pursue compensation for your losses.
At Peters & Nolan, LLC, we have over 20 years of trial experience on the Western Slope, and we can guide you through the process from start to finish. We pursue the maximum compensation for accident victims, and we will guide you through this challenging and painful time, providing personal support.
We offer our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. If we take your case, you pay nothing until we achieve a satisfactory settlement or a jury verdict for you.
DUI includes operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other narcotics (legal or illegal). Another term for this is “impaired driving,” because your ability to drive safely and to protect others from harm is compromised.
DUIs seem to be an epidemic in Colorado, with almost 60 people arrested daily. With the legalization of recreational marijuana over the last few years, the risk of coming into contact with an impaired driver has definitely increased.
The state of Colorado maintains a dram shop law. This means that any individual or institution (like a bar or restaurant) that provides alcohol to someone who is underage or already intoxicated can be held liable for the actions of that individual afterward.
If a drunk driver hit you, take these steps, if you can:
- Stay calm and call 911. Getting medical care for you, anyone else in the vehicle, or anyone else on the scene is the number-one priority.
- Unless you are being taken to the hospital by ambulance, stay at the scene of the accident until the police have arrived. If you can assist the police in ascertaining what occurred, it can provide crucial supporting evidence for your claim. However, make sure that you provide only facts, and never take the blame – liability can be confusing, and you almost certainly didn’t see everything that happened – even if you believe that you made a driving error.
- Drunk drivers sometimes attempt to flee the scene. Do not chase. If at all possible, take photos of the vehicle and write down information (license plate, etc.). This will help the police to locate the offender.
After any crash, you really need to focus on taking care of yourself. Continue your treatments. Keep track of your expenses. And definitely talk to a Grand Junction injury lawyer.
Your injuries may lead to severe hardship and worse quality of life, expensive medical bills, an inability to work, and an extended recovery. You may be eligible for compensation for:
- Immediate medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Convalescent care
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death, if your loved one was killed by a drunk driver
At Peters & Nolan, LLC, we take a limited number of injury cases, which allows us to devote the necessary time and attention to each case. We’ll perform a full evaluation to determine how much money to pursue in an insurance claim or lawsuit. Then, we relentlessly pursue that compensation. We will assist you throughout every phase of your claim, remaining in close communication with you from start to finish. In some cases, it is necessary to take a case to a jury to achieve justice, and we excel at this process.
We help clients throughout Grand Junction and the Western Slope - Delta, Montrose, Eagle, Meeker, Rangely, Glenwood, Rifle, Gunnison, Craig, and Nucla. For a free case consultation, call (970) 243-4357 now.
Peters & Nolan, LLC is your ideal source for high quality legal representation throughout the state of Colorado. Known for being personable and responsive, attorneys Andrew J. Peters and Andrew Nolan are aggressive trial lawyers with an excellent record of trying and settling cases in criminal defense, DUI/DWAI and personal injury.
- October 16, 2019
When a Dispute Gets Ugly: Facing a Domestic Violence Accusation
- September 30, 2019
Does Marijuana Lead to More Crashes?
- September 25, 2019
Taking Mushrooms from Denver to Grand Junction