Grand Junction Car Accident Lawyers
At Peters & Nolan, LLC, we know that car accidents can happen to anyone at anytime but that does not take away the trauma of being a victim of one. If you have been a victim of a car crash or pedestrian accident because of a careless or negligent driver, you can rest assured that we can help. Our number one goal is to make sure that you get the financial assistance to not only be able to pay for your current medical bills but also any future medical bills that could arise. You need an experienced car accident attorney to help you with you case.
Having represented hundreds of car accident victims, not only in Mesa County but also all over the Western Slope these are the most common car accident injuries:
- Disc injuries - impact from a car accident can cause damage to a disc, causing it to break or deform. This can result in the disc putting pressure directly on nerves which can cause pain and numbness.
- Spinal cord injuries - impact from a car accident can cause a blow to the spine and damage the bundle of nerves within it this can impair the brain's ability.
- Compression fractures - are tiny cracks in the bones of the spine that can cause a vertebrae to collapse and deform which could result in permanently altering the structure of your spine.
- Soft tissue damage - a sudden jerking from a low impact car accident that can stretch or tear nerves, muscles, and connective tissue.
While some people are able to return to work or their normal lives relatively quickly some are not so fortunate. When handling car accident cases we ask our clients to:
- Keep accurate records of all your appointments that you have with your doctor.
- Keep a "pain journal" write in that journal everyday as to how you are feeling and what your pain level is. Sometimes it can be hard to remember just how much pain you were in one or even three years ago.
- Any out pocket of expenses
- Lost wages
The Statute of Limitations in Colorado for motor vehicle a accident is three years, however it is important that you contact a Grand Junction car accident attorney as soon as possible so that they can advise you based on the circumstances of your case.
At Peters & Nolan, LLC we work all of our personal injury cases on a contingency bases, which means we do not get paid until you get paid, so do not let the fear of not being able to afford an attorney stop you from calling us today. You can reach us at (970) 243-4357.
Auto Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Being involved in an auto or truck accident can be broken into two parts; the accident itself and the aftermath. Please take a moment to read over our frequently asked questions to find some of the answers that you may be looking for.
Q: What information should I obtain from the other parties after an accident?
A: Be sure to get the other drivers name, address, telephone number, and insurance policy information.
Q: What if I feel like the accident was my fault?
A: Never admit fault or liability.
Q: Should the police be called?
A: Notify the police as soon as possible of any type of accident.
Q: Should I seek medical assistance if I am not experiencing extreme pain?
A: Yes, some types of injuries that can be sustained from an auto accident may not manifest right away.
Q: What happens if the other driver doesn't have insurance?
A: You should consult an attorney; there could be other avenues to pursue to get you compensation.
Q: How long do I have to file a claim?
A: In any type of personal injury case there is what is called a "Statue of Limitations" that governs the amount of time that you can file a claim. If your claim is not filed within the statue of limitations then you will be forever barred from filing a claim.
Q: I don't have any money for attorney fees, should I still talk to an attorney?
A: Yes! We take cases on a contingency basis, if and when we reach settlement that is when we are paid our attorney's fees. If a settlement is not reached you do not owe us any money.
- Truck vs. Car Accidents: Not All Crashes Are the Same
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Peters & Nolan, LLC is your ideal source for high quality legal representation throughout the state of Colorado. Known for being personable and responsive, attorneys Andrew J. Peters and Andrew Nolan are aggressive trial lawyers with an excellent record of trying and settling cases in criminal defense, DUI/DWAI and personal injury.
- November 26, 2018
How a Fender Bender Can Lead to Serious Whiplash
- October 29, 2018
Colorado’s Dog Bite Laws
- October 11, 2018
Making a Strong Defense for Drug Trafficking in Colorado